Graduate Programme 2018
The programme runs for two-years and comprises of four, six-month rotations across different teams within ELEXON. The posts will be located in London.
What we are offering
Depending on your specific placement and team, you could work with the following:
- large and small datasets
- external stakeholders
- business analysis and improvement projects
- project coordination and management
- operational work with our technology systems
As part of the graduate programme, you will receive an overall training plan in addition to the practical development you will gain during the placements.
You will develop a high-level knowledge of the energy market as well as how the industry runs on a practical basis, including where we expect to be in five and ten years’ time.
The graduate programme lasts for two years. If you are taken onto the programme, you will be hired as a permanent employee. After the graduate programme finishes, there will be an opportunity to discuss any potential career path within ELEXON.
What we are looking for
We are looking for final year students or graduates who want to begin a varied and challenging career in the electricity sector. We have the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum 2.2 or equivalent bachelor’s or master’s degree from a recognised university
- Experience of working with data in an academic or professional capacity
- Minimum six months demonstrable work and /or volunteering experience
- Intermediate level of ability in Microsoft Excel, and willingness to develop further
- Numerically confident
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to external stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- Experience in delivering presentations (either academic or professional)
- Someone who strives to continuously improve and achieve excellence
- Interest in business and business analysis as well as business improvement
- Previous exposure to the energy industry, although this is not essential
- Unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
- Able to start work in early summer 2018
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, although English does not have to be your first language
How to apply
Please note that the application process for the 2018 programme is now closed.
This is because we have received over 700 applications and would like to thank all those who have shown an interest in the programme. We also hope that anyone who remains interested in working at ELEXON will consider us again in the future.
We would also like to thank our recruitment partner, TARGETrecruit, who has helped with the process to select and interview for these four positions.